Wednesday 3 June 2009

Digital Textile Design



I have just received a new book from amazon: Digital Textile Design by Melanie Bowles

This book is beautifully illustrated showcasing students from Chelsea College of Art & Designs work. It provides expert knowledge and "know how" with detailed instructions for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I loved how there is a balance between the process and the practice as it presents a sense of how each technique can be applied.

Being from a Constructed Textile background I think this will be a great tool for my practice and research. I can't wait to work through some of the methods!

Digital Textile design demonstrates how printed textile design is evolving through new technology and would be a great tool for designers, students and lecturers. There is a blog launched for the book with further details and examples...

No comments:

Post a Comment